Environmental Leadership Academy
Sustainable Summer’s Environmental Leadership Academy at Dartmouth College enables the next generation of environmental leaders to engage in sustainability inquiry and action.
In this Summer Program at Dartmouth College…
- You’ll tackle challenging academic concepts in a college-level sustainability course and develop your communication, critical thinking, and action planning skills in our leadership institute
- You’ll participate in site visits to sustainable businesses and renewable energy projects, and enjoy guest lectures from leading sustainability experts
- You’ll live in a residence hall at Dartmouth College with other environmentally-minded high school students
- You’ll experience college life on Dartmouth’s beautiful campus and the surrounding area
- You’ll hike and bike through some of New England’s most beautiful places
Your Sustainable Summer experience will span from Dartmouth’s campus and classrooms, into the charming college town of Hanover, NH, over to the Green Mountains of neighboring Vermont and to the White Mountains of New Hampshire in search of sustainability initiatives, inspiration, and ideas, with some adventure along the way.
Our Dartmouth Environmental Leadership Academy is ideal for high school students with a strong interest in environmental sustainability, and particularly how to affect positive sustainability outcomes by working through or within organizations. Additionally, there are few college campuses that can rival Dartmouth’s as a place to get a taste for college living.
Picture yourself working with a team of your peers to develop a presentation on “triple bottom line” business over coffee in the student center. Or going canoeing or swimming in the Connecticut River, a few minutes walk from your residence hall. You’ll get to experience campus life, but also get to enjoy some of the incredible wilderness nearby while hiking on the Appalachian Trail and spending two nights in Dartmouth’s Moosilauke Lodge in the dramatic White Mountains.
Not sure if this is the right option for you? Use our Compare Programs page to help you assess which Sustainable Summer is the best fit for your interests and comfort zone.